Senior Database Developer Minnetonka 18610
Location: Minnetonka, MN
PeopleNet is in the process of transforming its enterprise infrastructure to meet its expanding customer base and position itself for future growth. The Data Architect position is a demanding opportunity to actively contribute in an enterprise development team in the stability of our platform. This position requires a developer with demonstrated experience working on a production projects that are highly available in a stable environment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to work in an environment of anticipated frequent change, and able to complete development with often ambiguous requirements.
PeopleNet is a team oriented, developer empowered workplace. Your role as Data Architect/Developer will require:
- Experience in relational and multidimensional database schemas
- Data Architecture
- Collaborating with Infrastructure and Development to identify needs and opportunities for improved stability reporting
- Hands-on SQL development and Review of Stored Procedures for consistency and quality
- Provide design, development and testing estimations based on requirements and research into data that is currently sourced
- Responsible for driving the architecture and design of the enterprise platform
- Self-motivate and self-manage in an extremely rapid development environment
- Experience with a variety of database solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
- 8+ years SQL/TSQL Development Experience
- 4+ years Design of Database objects and relational tables and stored procedures
- 3+ years Support of Production environments
- 2+ years SQL performance tuning
- Extremely large databases (Terra to Petabyte)
- Experience with Java
- Experience in transportation, logistics or fleet management
- Flexible and able to Deal with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
PeopleNet is the leading provider of innovative Internet-based and integrated onboard computing and mobile communications systems for effective fleet management, that reduces costs, increases safety and compliance and improves customer service for fleets coast-to-coast and throughout Canada.
We believe that one of the key factors that have contributed to our success is the quality of our people. We hire the best and the brightest—our team members share the company's commitment to innovation and our dedication to customer service.
Working at PeopleNet is challenging and rewarding. We focus on lifetime relationships with our customers, getting to know them and their businesses in order to constantly improve the value we provide. Every member is our organization plays an integral role in helping to achieve that mission, so individual initiative is encouraged and rewarded.
As part of the PeopleNet team, you'll receive a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending plan, employer matched 401k, paid time off and paid holidays. You'll also have the opportunity to work and grow with people who, like you, strive to be the best.