Software Project Manager Minnetonka 16458
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Manages Sprint, Sprint Planning and other Scrum activities
- Ensures team is clear on goals and objectives of project
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manages (not directly) cross-functional project teams on a daily basis to deliver a high quality product on time that meets our customers’ and marketing’s needs
- Identifies resources needed, works with resource managers and assigns individual responsibilities
- Manages project budget where applicable
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a regular basis
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project
- Other duties as necessary
- 3 - 5 years related experience in software / technology project management
- Strong understanding of formal Software Development Lifecycle Processes, principles and objectives including Waterfall, Iterative and Agile
- Knowledge of, experience with, and commitment to rigorous, quality-driven engineering process methods, including strong understanding and support of reliability and continuous improvement
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, embedded system design, and system engineering
- Experience in both high level requirements collection and low level design
- Strong, demonstrated initiative, leadership and team building skills
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- PMI or formal Project Management training
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively
- Bachelor of Science in management or engineering
- Strong Drive For Results
- Decision Quality balancing time and analysis
- Managing & Measuring Work on a daily basis
- Influencing without authority
- Holding others accountable for deliverables
- Timely Decision Making
- Organization and Planning
If this position is of interest to you, then please apply today!
Keywords: IT project manager, PMP, project management, information technology, software development, software developer, software engineer, IT manager, technology management, Eden Prairie, Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Louis Park, Edina, Brooklyn Park, Plymouth, Burnsville, Bloomington, Apple Valley, St. Paul, Coon Rapids, Blaine
PeopleNet is the leading provider of innovative Internet-based and integrated onboard computing and mobile communications systems for effective fleet management, that reduces costs, increases safety and compliance and improves customer service for fleets coast-to-coast and throughout Canada.
We believe that one of the key factors that have contributed to our success is the quality of our people. We hire the best and the brightest—our team members share the company's commitment to innovation and our dedication to customer service.
Working at PeopleNet is challenging and rewarding. We focus on lifetime relationships with our customers, getting to know them and their businesses in order to constantly improve the value we provide. Every member is our organization plays an integral role in helping to achieve that mission, so individual initiative is encouraged and rewarded.
As part of the PeopleNet team, you'll receive a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending plan, employer matched 401k, paid time off and paid holidays. You'll also have the opportunity to work and grow with people who, like you, strive to be the best.