Production Manager Manufacturing Toronto 32583
To manage and improve all technical aspects of the electronic manufacturing process to maximize efficiency for our manufacturing team and with our equipment, work-flow, assembly method and quality control.
Duties and job requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership, motivation and support to manufacturing team
- Define and drive strategies for function, process, and quality improvements in electronic manufacturing
- Coordinate all production activities and deal with technical issues
- Develop production schedules and shift schedules in a 3 shift production environment
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to existing products
- Responsible for establishing department and employee performance metrics and performance management
- Develop, coach and mentor team members
- Develop and manage department budget
- Utilize analytical skills to problem-solve and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines
- Be a key participant on the Healthand Safety Committee and liaise with purchasing, engineering, sales and human resources
- Engineering Degree or Diploma, preferably Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing
- 5-10 years management and leadership experience of medium to large teams
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing principles and processes, including workflow and quality management
- Experience with electronic assembly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of general accounting principles and experience with managing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and solve problems in a fast paced environment
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or ISO 9001 experience would be an asset
Occupational Health & Safety:
As a global manufacturing organization, employee health and wellness is a top priority. As a result, our occupational health and safety standards include the following:
- Work in accordance with all legislated obligations
- Work safely and report all unsafe or unhealthy conditions
- Be certain that the work assignment/activity does not create a condition that could be injurious to themselves or to others
- Become familiar with and abide by the rules, regulations and guidelines
- Follow the safety instructions of their supervisor and/or work procedures
- Report all injuries, incidents or workplace illnesses to the immediate supervisor as soon as possible and cooperate with any investigation made to determine cause and future preventative measures
- Cooperate with the employer in the implementation of an early and safe return to work program
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Please note this job is located in Calgary, AB
Please attach your resume and apply today!
Keywords: Manufacturer, managers, manage, Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, Brampton, mississauga, Scarborough, Oakville
INOVA aspires to become THE land seismic technology company by developing and manufacturing reliable seismic instruments that enable geophysical service providers to efficiently design and execute complex seismic acquisition programs on behalf of their energy and production customers around the world.
INOVA’s technical professionals focus on innovation in land seismic product development to ensure our products remain on the cutting-edge of innovation, guided by the practical reality of what contractors require to reliably execute complex seismic programs in the most difficult operating environments.
INOVA manufactures and markets three major product lines:
- Land acquisition systems, including the ARIES, FireFly, G3i and Hawk recording platforms;
- Land source products, including the AHV-IV series and XVib vibroseis vehicles, and Pelton source controllers;
- Multicomponent sensors, including the ground-breaking VectorSeis digital 3C receiver.
INOVA is committed to offer ‘Best in Class’ customer satisfaction. Through a global network of training, repair, and customer support centers, INOVA field service engineers are located in key petroleum centers close to their customers. These field support teams are available and willing to go anywhere, anytime to ensure that INOVA’s customers are able to complete their acquisition programs. Working shoulder-to-shoulder with their customers, INOVA’s field support teams are united by a common call to action: TOGETHER, WE GET THE JOB DONE.