Project Manager Edmonton 32153
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. He/she will ensure project execution success by adhering to HS&E, quality, schedule, and cost; oversee and be accountable for all project duties. This is an active leadership role within that is required to provide direction and mentoring to the project team.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring compliance to all cobra and stakeholders’ safety and policy and procedure guidelines.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans adhering to strict change management control.
- Bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Ensure codes and standards (both legislated and customer-specific) are being met
- Play a key role in building a project team, and assisting in company development/initiatives, with opportunity for future promotion
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants if necessary during project cycle.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Lead/assist in negotiation of claims/disputes with the owner and subtrades.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project. Ensures that all invoicing, accounting and payroll reporting and monitoring systems are in place and adhered to, enabling the accurate daily progress reporting and budget / estimate status.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Primavera.
- Strong mechanical estimating ability.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, such as Share Point.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Office.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong adherence to change management practices.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Keywords: Leduc, Drayton Valley, Camrose, Barrhead, Westlock, Wetaskiwin, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, PM jobs, alberta jobs, project management, project planning, project engineer
ClearStream Energy Services
ClearStream is a one stop shop for Energy Services. From trucking to maintenance and everything in between, we have the career for you! With over 5000 employees throughout Canada, our commitment to growth and diversity has set us apart from other Organizations.
Each person’s contribution is considered essential for the success of all of our activities. ClearStream is proud to provide an environment of respect and recognition. We foster team work, collaboration between employees and Managers and open communication.
Convenient Work locations, transfer opportunities
Challenging work, advancement opportunities
Learning and Development opportunities
Visit us Online at www.clearstreamenergyservices.ca