Project Purchasing Agent 1 Year Maternity Leave Contract Calgary 32054
Support project managers & field personnel in:
- Sourcing, purchasing & expediting all required material & resources needed to efficiently and effectively complete the work on hand.
- Pricing and obtaining approval for out of scope changes to projects.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- All purchases are made using our computerized Purchase Order system.
- Best possible pricing for all material and resources is obtained.
- Material and supplies are delivered on a timely basis to the field crews.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be requested by their supervisor/manager.
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
- Obtain quotes and source material at the best possible price, taking into consideration job scheduling requirements.
- Create computerized purchase orders from material requisitions, email and phone requests, ensuring cost coding is accurate.
- Help coordinate the pick up or delivery of orders with our drivers, couriers or suppliers as appropriate.
- Track and expedite orders, following up on back orders as required.
- Maintain sources of supply by ensuring optimum communications with suppliers, identify and monitor new opportunities
- Assist with negotiation of contract pricing for suppliers
- Ensure purchasing accordance with the Company Utilities’ Purchasing Policy.
Inventory Management & Material Transfers
- Maintain accurate inventory records with respect to pricing and quantities.
- Evaluate inventory on a yearly basis based on an actual count.
- Cost and process material transfers on a monthly basis.
- Track hotel requirements and issue / update purchase orders as required.
- Check hotel stays against timecards to obtain / confirm job coding.
- Make sure items are received in the system as packing slips are turned in.
- Check item quantities and prices on supplier packing slips to ensure they match the purchase order.
- Maintain a list of best prices / sources for various types of material
- Update URD order form with current pricing as required.
- Assist project managers, field superintendents and foreman with the costing of out of scope change orders
- Help expedite the approval of out of scope change orders.
- Excellent communication, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of electrical parts and construction building materials would be an asset.
- Purchasing experience in a fast paced, tightly scheduled construction environment.
- Above average computer literacy.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive wage and benefits package including a portable RSP fund.
Please apply today!
Keywords: buyer, purchaser, procurement, Airdrie, Cochrane
The Cana Group Of Companies
The CANA Group of Companies is comprised of CANA Construction (commercial construction since 1942), CANA Utilities (infrastructure and utility construction since 1948), Shepard Development Corporation (commercial, retail and industrial land development) and CANA High Voltage.
CANA UTILITIES is one of the most progressive utility contractors in Alberta, with over 50 years of service in the industry. CANA UTILITIES is very diversified, dealing with all aspects of overhead and underground power line design and construction, installation of fibre optics, traffic intersections, street light, telecommunications, and cable television.