Product Development Specialist Mississauga 21167
Purpose of Position:
- Develop new products assigned by the Technical Manager. These projects are driven by The Business Plan through the PBAR (Potential Business Analysis Request) process and are executed using an APQP (Advance Product Quality Planning Process) in order to meet cost, quality, functionality, launch schedule, manufacturing and specification requirements.
- Execute projects of cost and capacity improvement as assigned.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to manufacturing operations and to customers.
- Comply with Health Safety and Environmental policies and legislation.
- Develop and launch products in the automotive business unit.
- Technical support to internal and external customers.
- Professional Development.
- Cost/Product Improvement.
- Create and maintain BOM, Process Specs, Control Plans, FMEA’s.
- No direct reports.
- Direct activity of technicians and plant employees during trials and testing.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- B Sc. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or equivalent (advanced degree preferred).
- Ability to participate in and lead cross functional teams.
- Ability to successfully communicate concepts and ideas to customers, suppliers, management.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of managed products and customer applications.
- Knowledge of Health Safety and Environmental policies and legislation.
- Familiarity with Theory of Constraint concepts is helpful.
- Office/Lab/Manufacturing; minimal to moderate exposure to noise, dust/dirt, chemicals, etc.
- Occasional travel or overtime may be required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits that start within the first month, as well as a DC Pension plan where company contributes 6%
Please note this job is located in Cambridge, ON
Please apply today!
Keywords: Oakville, London, Brampton, Chemistry degree,Specs, Quality issues
Canadian General-Tower Ltd.
Leaders in Design and Innovation
CGT is a leading producer of coated fabrics and films for automotive and industrial applications. We custom formulate and calender thermoplastic sheeting. We have the capability to finish these products via printing, laminating and embossing technologies to give our customers a product that meets their design specifications.
Our customers are fabricators who provide the finished product to the industrial customer as a thermoplastic surface or barrier. Our experienced staff is dedicated to bringing our customers the highest levels of innovation and service. We delight our customers with an outstanding quality and delivery record achieved through our ISO/TS 16949 quality system.
Canadian General-Tower Limited is a leading manufacturer of technologically advanced vinyl film and coated fabrics for both the automotive and industrial global markets. We are a privately owned Canadian company based in Cambridge, Ontario.