Scientific Technical Services Manager Edmonton 20381
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Founded over 40 years ago, our company has developed into Canada's commercial leader in analytical services and solutions to the energy, environmental, food and DNA industries. Today, our 2,000 dedicated employees proudly lead the industry in depth of technical and scientific expertise and serve customers through the only national network of laboratories. In processing over 3,000,000 samples and generating in excess of 30,000,000 results annually, our company has skillfully combines efficiency and customer service with rigorous science and uncompromising quality management. We are committed to success with responsibility - its stakeholders, to its communities, and to the environment.
- Manages 3 operational groups: Super-technicians, Shipping/Receiving, Cylinder cleaning and the Retains Group
- Manages the training and coordination of the super-technicians group to support the operations in the Edmonton and the outsourced laboratories
- Coordinates resource planning
- Interfaces with internal customers regarding shipping/receiving and sampling supplies
- Interfaces with couriers, vendors on various supply chain issues
- Co-ordinates multiple tasks within the TSG (shipping, receiving, cylinder cleaning and retains).
- Handles performance appraisals
- Develops production efficiencies
- Input into budgeting process
- Elevates significant & complex resource issues to General Manager
- Recommends development for own staff, includes coaching & mentoring
- BSc or technical diploma in Chemistry or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in a petroleum laboratory environment.
- 2 years of experience at a senior level.
- Current knowledge of petroleum laboratory business.
- Understanding of quality system requirements.
- Skills: problem solving, coaching, open communication, organization, and commitment to the support of a lab that provides high quality, defensible data that meets our customers’ deadlines.
- A professional work environment that fosters career growth and opportunities for lifelong learning
- An industry competitive compensation package complemented by comprehensive medical/dental benefits, RRSP contribution plan and an internal recognition system
- While working at our company, you will enjoy a friendly and helpful environment while working alongside the best in your field
- We are a dynamic and successful organization that supports promotions from within
All qualified candidates are invited to apply.
Keywords: Saint Albert, Morinville, Sherwood Park, (Fort Saskatchewan), Athabasca, Nisku, Leduc, Red Deer, Beaumont
Maxxam Analytics is the largest privately owned analytical laboratory network in Canada and one of the largest in North America. We provide analytical testing services in the environmental, food, oil and gas, health, forensics and genetic markets. Our customer-centric focus and commitment to excellence establishes Maxxam Analytics as a world leader in innovation and scientific expertise. At Maxxam, we are driven by service and science. As a services company we all have an impact on our customer experience. Every employee makes a difference, contributes to quality, and helps to make us a better company. We understand that our delivery of excellence as a business depends on providing our people with an environment where they can shine and succeed.
People are our priority. Here you can find challenging job opportunities and learn what it’s like to be a part of the Maxxam team!