Electronic Technician Edmonton 19810
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for the testing, trouble shooting, and repairing of new equipment. In addition he/she is responsible for preparing reports on quality and performing the necessary actions to increase efficiency. Skills must include the ability to perform through hole soldering as well as on surface mount components. The ability to troubleshoot electronic equipment and complete testing, calibration and verification of manufactured components.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Diagnose and repair of electronic product and ensure optimum performance of the products tested at the end of production.
- Analyze the root cause of defective products and provide documentation to endorse the findings.
- Support electronic production, including methods and process analysis of electronic test equipment.
- Maintain continuous improvement techniques in reducing non-value added by implementing solutions when necessary.
- Liaison with engineering for introduction of new products and support of current models.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferably an Electronics Technology Diploma, with 1-3 years related experience
- Experience in board level testing and trouble- shooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within an electronics manufacturing environment
- Excellent soldering skills
- Able to work Mon – Thurs 10 hour shifts with the potential of over time
- Ability to read schematics and grasp technical content easily
- Working knowledge of tools such as MS Word, MS-Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Organized self-starter with proven time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written
- Team player possessing the drive and determination to make a difference; balanced with the skill, patience and tactfulness to accomplish projects in a harmonious manner
Requires sufficient personal mobility to permit the employee to function in a general office and/or technical lab environment and accomplish tasks and duties as outlined above.
We offer a comparable salary as well as a benefit package
Please note this job is located in Calgary, AB
Please apply today!
Keywords, Electronics,Technicians, engineer technician
INOVA aspires to become THE land seismic technology company by developing and manufacturing reliable seismic instruments that enable geophysical service providers to efficiently design and execute complex seismic acquisition programs on behalf of their energy and production customers around the world.
INOVA’s technical professionals focus on innovation in land seismic product development to ensure our products remain on the cutting-edge of innovation, guided by the practical reality of what contractors require to reliably execute complex seismic programs in the most difficult operating environments.
INOVA manufactures and markets three major product lines:
- Land acquisition systems, including the ARIES, FireFly, G3i and Hawk recording platforms;
- Land source products, including the AHV-IV series and XVib vibroseis vehicles, and Pelton source controllers;
- Multicomponent sensors, including the ground-breaking VectorSeis digital 3C receiver.
INOVA is committed to offer ‘Best in Class’ customer satisfaction. Through a global network of training, repair, and customer support centers, INOVA field service engineers are located in key petroleum centers close to their customers. These field support teams are available and willing to go anywhere, anytime to ensure that INOVA’s customers are able to complete their acquisition programs. Working shoulder-to-shoulder with their customers, INOVA’s field support teams are united by a common call to action: TOGETHER, WE GET THE JOB DONE.