Sr. Metallurgist Calgary 17723
Relocation assistance may be provided to the right candidate.
Reporting to the Mill Superintendent, the Sr. Metallurgist is responsible for independently carrying out a wide range of complex engineering tasks related to process control, optimization, quality assurance and laboratory operations. Establish and promote the maintenance and continuous improvement of a Safe and healthy-working environment through personal commitment to the principles of our company Operations Safety and Health System responsibilities.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Ensures that mill metallurgical and assay laboratory work is performed in compliance with government regulations and company safety and environment policies and procedures.
- Keeps informed of current technologies and recommends changes to operating practices.
- Develops and implements plant’s standards of industrial hygiene and operating parameters.
- Develop and implement plant testing programs.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance to Metallurgical and Assay Laboratory areas.
- Provide leadership and direction to operators as required on reagents throughout the mill process.
- Document and report all process problems through Mill General Foreman with communication to Mill Superintendent on corrective action on a daily basis.
- Metallurgical Accounting
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Mill Superintendent.
- Observe the policies and SOP’s of our company Operations Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Observes all applicable environmental, quality, safety and hygiene regulations.
- Bachelor degree in Metallurgy and five (5) years post graduate experience in milling operations related to copper and zinc circuits.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate excellent leadership, written and verbal communication, interpersonal, safety and environmental skills
We thank you for your interest in our organization; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will not be accepting telephone enquiries.
Our organization offers a competetive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume ASAP!
Keywords: Material science, metallurgy, chemical engineer, Chemical Research, Engineer, Engineering, Inspector, Laboratory, Manufacturing, Materials Engineer, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Mining, Quality, Sales, Science, Technical Support, Technology, Testing, mineral process, mineral science, relocate to newfoundland, relocate
Teck Resources Ltd.
Duck Pond Operations
Teck Resources Ltd. is a diversified mining and metals company, headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Teck Resources is a world leader in the production of zinc and metallurgical coal and a significant producer of copper, gold and specialty metals.