Electrical Technologist - Operations Edmonton 17484
Location: Iqaluit, Nunavut
Headquartered in Baker Lake, our energy corporation is committed to supplying safe, reliable and
efficient energy to the citizens of Nunavut. We generate electricity, and research alternative energy options in order to meet the long-term needs for power of all Nunavummiut
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Electrical Technologist – Operations maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and designs automation and controls for diesel engines and protection circuits, as well as updates and maintains all SCADA systems across Nunavut.
The work is structured by the Canadian electrical code and related standards, lock out/tag out and similar procedures, safety handbook and corporate/Government of Nunavut financial management, HR, purchasing policies and procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Designing and implementing new PLC programming
• In cooperation with the Engineering department, reviewing and providing solutions to ongoing issues with the control systems
• Writing programming specifications and preparing documentation to support changes, upgrades or new installations
• Reviewing automation process and ensuring that control systems meet plant specifications
• Investigating component failures to find cause and instituting corrective action
• Working with the project team to provide support on capital projects
• Working with Mechanics & Plant Superintendent to ensure that proper installations and processes are followed
• Maintaining equipment to ensure the efficient operation of the system and reduce repair costs while ensuring reliable service to customers and safety in the plant
• Assisting in the development of project proposals
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• 3-year Electrical Technologist Certificate
• 5 years of experience, including experience with high-voltage, bulk power distribution/transmission
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
• Experience working in remote locations
• Experience in full scope project management
• Background in diesel-generated power or control systems
• Ability to prepare and submit proposals to senior management
• 2 years of experience in designing and costing projects
If you are looking for an interesting career with a solid organization, we offer competitive salary to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package, including a Northern Living Allowance of $15,016 per annum and relocation assistance.
The competition will remain open until the position is filled.
Preference will be given to beneficiaries of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement.
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Keywords: Saint Albert, Morinville, Sherwood Park, (Fort Saskatchewan), Athabasca, Nisku, Leduc, Red Deer, Beaumont
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Headquartered in Baker Lake, Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is committed to supplying safe, reliable and
efficient energy to the citizens of Nunavut. We generate electricity under the trade name of Nunavut Power, and
research alternative energy options in order to meet the long-term needs for power of all Nunavummiut.