IT Help Desk Administrator Calgary 15563
Our organization is presently looking for a HELP DESK ADMINISTRATOR.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES: Ensuring all Help Desk requests are resolved quickly and completing all daily tasks.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be requested by their supervisor/manager.
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
Primary Role – Help Desk Support
- To provide helpdesk support for all co-workers in a timely fashion.
- To setup & remove remote site networks.
- To build & deploy Windows client workstations.
- To maintain systems (software, hardware & security) to ensure reliability and speed.
- To complete daily tasks such as backups, reviewing logs etc.
- To provide basic training of Windows navigation, and Microsoft Office applications
- Providing exceptional help desk support
- Maintaining uptime of local & remote sites (IE network & workstations)
- Maintaining functional backup software and daily tasks are completed successfully
- Assisting to provide training and developmental initiates to all co-workers
- Resolving help desk requests in-person, over the phone, or via email
- Setting & dismantling remote site I.T. equipment
- Scheduling daily tasks (backups), and checking logs
- Maintaining software (OS, firmware, apps and licensing)
- Maintaining hardware (servers, workstations, peripherals etc).
- Maintaining user accounts, & permissions (local, domain, & application)
- Maintaining software updates
- Ensuring data is safe and secure
- Update, create & enforce IT policies
- Computer Science diploma or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills
- Vehicle is required to travel to job sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working experience with Windows XP, 7, Windows 2003, 2008
- Very knowledgeable with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
We offer a comprehensive and competitive wage and benefits package including a portable RSP fund.
The Cana Group Of Companies
The CANA Group of Companies is comprised of CANA Construction (commercial construction since 1942), CANA Utilities (infrastructure and utility construction since 1948), Shepard Development Corporation (commercial, retail and industrial land development) and CANA High Voltage.
CANA UTILITIES is one of the most progressive utility contractors in Alberta, with over 50 years of service in the industry. CANA UTILITIES is very diversified, dealing with all aspects of overhead and underground power line design and construction, installation of fibre optics, traffic intersections, street light, telecommunications, and cable television.